ADAPTING TO OUR NEW WORLD OF WEDDINGS
IRELANDS LEVEL 5 WEDDING RESTRICTIONS
More important than the quest for certainty, is the quest for clarity…
As Ireland moved to the highest level of the Living with Covid-19 framework this week for an estimated six weeks, we have been inundated with questions and queries as to what Level 5 means for weddings in Ireland. Following several requests for detailed clarification, Fáilte Ireland received an update from The Department of the Taoiseach relating to weddings in Level 5 of the Resilience and Recovery 2020-2021: Plan for Living with COVID-19 on 21st October 2020.
- Originally announced that weddings would include a maximum of 6 guests, it has since been confirmed by the government that 25 guests are now permitted to attend weddings for the remainder of the year.
- Wedding couples are not included within the 25, nor are the creative suppliers and vendors that you have hired for your wedding, meaning you can have 25 guests present with you for your celebration.
- Guests may travel outside their respective county to attend a wedding and venues are permitted to host wedding guests for overnight accommodation.
- Hair and make-up services are not permitted, in any setting.
- Live music/dancing is not permitted – the reception must be fully seated.
- Guests should wear masks when arriving to and leaving their table.
- Weddings must finish at 11pm with all guests requested to vacate the reception venue by 11.30pm.
We recommend getting in touch with your wedding venue to discuss the logistics associated with your upcoming wedding. The hospitality industry receives regular updates from Fáilte Ireland and The Irish Hotels Federation so they should be well informed as to what their position is at all times.